MKCO AGM Reception
MILTON KEYNES CITY ORCHESTRA AND MILTON KEYNES COLLEGE FORGE A SUCCESSFUL PARTNERSHIP
- Milton Keynes City Orchestra (MKCO) is delighted that Dr Julie Mills and her team from Milton Keynes College trust their business recovery plans and are hosting an office for the Orchestra at their vibrant Woughton Campus. This new arrangement has already opened up great partnership opportunities for students to work with the professional musicians and concert productions.
- Last week the partnership was experienced by The Mayor of Milton Keynes and over 70 people at the MKCO AGM and reception held in the Atrium at Woughton Campus.
- In the afternoon MKCO Principal Cello, Boz Vukotic, gave a cello masterclass for college students and guest students from Walton High and the Music Service. At the evening reception Boz gave a recital of the Fauré Elegy accompanied by talented MK College student pianist Peter Crouch. This performance was a taster of his performance due on 25th February at The Venue, Walton High, the next MKCO concert under the baton of Stacey Watton, a new guest conductor for the Orchestra. With MKCO Patron funding, the College Brasserie served excellent wine and canapé refreshments.
- MKCO Chairman Marian Livingstone said; “Embracing partnership opportunities is key to a successful recovery for our organisation. We were delighted that in one day, under one roof, we could hold a music masterclass, provide a performance opportunity, showcase the excellent student catering and hold an AGM for our Patrons followed by a reception to thank our loyal supporters from local businesses and arts organisations. The College team is enthusiastic and easy to work with and together we have plans for many more events including our fund raising quiz night on 4th April at the College.”
- Milton Keynes College Principal and Chief Executive Julie Mills said;” We are delighted to step in and help the orchestra find a sustainable path forward. This has become a true partnership and I’m delighted to see my team and the students enjoying the opportunities brought by the Orchestra we can only see more great things to come.”
- In thanking everyone for their support The Chairman confirmed that a huge body of work is continuing to maintain Milton Keynes City Orchestra as a cultural pillar for professional classical performance and the development of orchestral music in the community. It was also confirmed that a Proms in Park is confirmed for 15th August 2014 at Campbell Park in partnership with The Parks Trust.
- Pic caption L/R Marian Livingstone Chairman of MKCO, The Mayor of Milton Keynes, Dr Julie Mills Principal and Chief Executive of MK College and Peter Crouch Student Pianist with MKCO Principal Cello Boz Vukotic
For further information please contact :
MKCO Chairman Marian Livingstone 01908 233123 /07836 583505
Livingstone White Ltd